Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Review: Quick Start Pilates for Weight Loss

I was sort of looking for a cop-out weight loss DVD when I purchased this one. Quick Start Pilates for Weight Loss is just 30 minutes long and promises to help you lose weight, look long and lean, and kick-start your metabolism. I also wanted to try Pilates because I wanted to do a workout that wouldn’t make me sweat so much (pathetic I know). So, with this DVD I saved time, kept my relaxer looking fresh because I didn’t sweat, but I also didn’t lose weight – seriously, not one pound. I exercised to this DVD about 4 times a week over 2 or 3 months, and really expected to shed pounds.

However, I did not exercise in vain. I did see a huge increase in my flexibility and I have to admit, being able to match the instructor’s litheness on the One Leg Teaser felt pretty good. This is nice exercise DVD to keep moving and maintain a healthful life. It’s not too strenuous, and I really felt like I was in the zone while I was stretching my muscles and listening to the relaxing soundtrack.

I would recommend this video to beginners. I was a Pilates dummy when I started this (and still am!) and I found this easy to follow – after 4 or 5 times I felt like an old pro. If you buy this DVD, it comes with a motivational CD and an online weight loss guide, both of which went unused in mine, so if you buy it, use these tools to give yourself a greater chance of success.

Keep working it out!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna do this! Am also gonna do free yoga classes in this park. Saw it in Beijinger.

    ReplyDelete