Thursday, May 19, 2011

Seven Layer Salad

If I have to eat vegetables, this is the way I eat them! I love, love, love this salad. It's absolutely delicious as a meal on it's own, but feel free to serve it along with some other healthy foods. This picture is from myrecipes.com, but I am giving the recipe for a sightly different version of the salad:



Ingredients:
  • 1 head iceberg lettuce
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • About 1/2 can loose corn
  • 10 oz. grated Cheddar Cheese (go for the reduced fat cheddar)
  • 1 cup chopped broccoli
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • Bacon (I often use shredded chicken breast instead)
  • Caesar dressing of your choice
Directions: 
  • Cook bacon/chicken until done. Crumble/shred and place to the side.
  • In a large bowl, placed the chopped lettuce, followed by onion, corn, cheese, broccoli, tomato, bacon/chicken.
  • Drizzle the dressing over the salad and refrigerate until chilled.
I've tried some other versions of this salad - with cauliflower, peas, olives, tomatoes, boiled eggs, and a mayo/sugar/Parmesan dressing - they're all good, and the more veggies the better, right? So feel free to mix it up.


Eat Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment