Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Recipe: Lemon Chicken with Mushrooms

Where I currently live, there are not a lot of grocery or meal options in the "low-fat" or "reduced-calorie" category. So when I come across a recipe where I can use the ingredients that I already have in my cupboard AND not blow through the amount of calories I can eat a day, I have to try it.

I, my boyfriend (who is has selective tastes), and my friend (a foodie) both approved this recipe. It was really moist and flavorful, and one chicken breast is UNDER 100 CALORIES according to this recipe (I took out the butter and it still tasted great)

Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lemon
3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chicken broth (I didn't have this so I used a chicken bouillon cube and water)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Lemon pepper seasoning, black pepper, and salt to taste

Method:
1. Season chicken breasts to taste with seasonings and lemon. Heat up olive oil in a large skillet and brown the chicken breasts on both sides.
2. Add chicken broth, mushrooms, onion, and flour and let the chicken breasts simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment